chevron

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sugar & Spice!

We recently put in a new kitchen and now there is a space above the cabinets for cute little decorations! I wanted something sizable up there but wasn't sure what to do. With a little brainstorming, my sisters and I decided on a "Sugar & Spice" sign. We wanted to frame out each letter using a variety of frames. I gathered the frames I already had on hand, and then made a quick trip to Goodwill to complete the look. We spray painted the frames that were not already black, to match the black ones I already had. Then we cut scrapbook paper to fit each frame. I used a different pattern for each one but kept them all in the same color scheme. Now here was the time consuming part...I hand painted all the letters on to the paper. I used my wall paint colors to tie it all together. One thing that made it easier was to pencil the letters first and then paint over it. When they all dried, I put them in the frames and set them up where I wanted them. And here we are....



I simply love how it turned out! It was so easy to do too! The best part is, if I decide to change it later, all I have to do is whip up new letters and I can change the entire look!

--Wendi


No comments:

Post a Comment